Friday, May 21, 2010

I've been over taken with a terrible case of the hiccups. Terribley terrible. But I am finding that it's quite miraculous how well not running away works out somehow. I have taken messy in the brain to a new level and strangely enough, I made a little sense of it all. Not all of it though, unfortunately. A random man walked by me today and noticed my heavy head and uncontrollabley frowning mouth and you know what he said to me? "Smile! It's a beautiful day!" Literally! Word for word. It was like something you see in a movie, not something that actually happens to you in real life. And the second that those words leaked from his lips I thought, "What in the world possessed that man to say those words to me on this day of all days? When I'm at my worst? When I'm feeling broken and nothing has gone my way? What told him that those words were exactly what I needed?" I'll never really know, but the important thing is that he did. And those words shifted the rest of my day. I don't have it all figured out. I know too little, but really, what is enough? It's about being open to people and new things, about forgetting about the boundaries that have held you back. It's in the way that you carry yourself. It's in the way that you love yourself and everyone around you. It's faith. And my hiccups have gone away.

No comments:

Post a Comment