Monday, January 31, 2011

The very best part of living for me is knowing someone who can tell me, accurately, not just who I am -but who I am working hard at being... the person I strive to embody but fail consistently. It's when I carry on a charming, casual, conversation filled with wit and sass and of course a light-hearted argumentative tone to over-see the whole thing, and then get knocked down, hard, on my ass with the realization that someone has actually been listening to me this whole time. All too often it's not the case and I should tell you that these lovely occurrences are quite rare, to say the least, but in all honesty they mean everything to me. Thank you immensely, from the bottom of my tattered and prideful heart, for being one of these people... for taking the time to listen and comprehend and even try to unravel it all. Because God knows I have no clue what my intentions are half the time. Thank you for not giving up. Thank you for attempting to tear down my well-structured walls that I've built over the years to keep people out, to keep from becoming more broken. I'm sorry for the walls. I'm sorry for the fights. I'm sorry I pretend like it doesn't hurt. It's a lot to take in you know, all this life stuff. It's a lot to decode and understand. But I think I'm finally recognizing that I am broken, but I am still beautiful and loved. And I've been talking a lot about owning my flaws for months, but now I'm actually learning what it takes to really make it happen. I'm also giving myself a break for all the mistakes I've made and you and I both know there have been plenty. I think we all deserve a second or third or fourth chance, because one day all our chances will run out and when they do... what will we have left to show for it all. All I want is to know in the end that I have loved and been loved as much as humanly possible. That I never let fear drag me down a path I may have not taken by my own will. So again... thank you! Thank you for loving me and for trying even when I make it almost entirely impossible. Thank you for being my friend, in the all to complicated meaning I have invented.

No comments:

Post a Comment