Monday, February 7, 2011

I could have told you she would chose me. I could have bet money on it. Not because she's known me longer or loved me more. But because somewhere in this vast and empty universe, something had to even the score. You stole my heart and broke it up so when I went to put it back together, pieces were missing and I had to learn to compensate for them. So when it came time for me to be happy again with someone new, I messed it up. Then you came back and I felt whole and good again, only for you to break me once more and walk away with my best friend. That was your last straw. There's no more next time. One day I will forgive you, but we won't be friends and later you'll see how much better you could have been. And how much you had wasted away. I will love you til the day I can't love anymore, but only from a distance because up close hurts too much. It wasn't about happily ever after, it was about loyalty and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment