Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's mine. This piece and that piece. It's still mine. I can't give it up. I won't. It makes me mad. I have all these ties. These memories. All these things linking me to these people. These people I once thought were so wonderful and in ways, they were. The way they drove my car and touched my hair. The way they protected me and caught me before I hit the ground. The way they made everything fun and worked hard for my smile. And especially all the ways they made me feel. Feel for people in ways I didn't know a person could feel. But for one reason or another all that's left are these ties. These memories. All these things linking me to these people. And that's all I'll ever have. But it's still mine. I know, I know, I know. I talk in circles. I rarely make any sense. And maybe it's all my fault. But maybe... Maybe it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment