Sunday, February 7, 2010

This is the chapter where I find it all. The one where I realize that no one else is more worth living for than myself and in this chapter I go adventuring. Only not the same sort of adventures that I have ventured before. No, this time I'll put myself in situations that I am unfamiliar with. With people I haven't quite figured out and versions of myself I have yet to have seen. It's the chapter where things begin to fall together and into place. Where I just live like the Freebird I know am. Road-trips and weekend vacations. I want to do all the things I've been talking about. I want to feel something new. I want to make it happen and be able to look back at this moment, this person that I am and think "Wow, look how for I've come." It's disappointing for me to wake up and see that list on my wall and know that I haven't tackled hardly any of the things on it. I think I've placed myself back in that cage temporarily. Only the cage door is wide open and I'm just sitting in there on my perch watching everything happening around me. It's safe there. The drop isn't too far and the chances of me falling are slim to none. But if I creep out and fly, I fear I may get hurt. No more of that! This is the chapter where I leap! Where I stop watching life happen to everyone around me and instead I join them. I chance the drop. I spread my wings and soar with nothing more than faith in myself and the things unseen. The wind in my feathers and my regrets back in that cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment