Thursday, March 11, 2010

I don't know much about patience or doing the right thing when the wrong thing feels so right. I don't know how to keep my mouth shut about something I feel so intensely about. I don't know how to be the perfect girl or how to make a good first impression. I don't know how not to think naughty thoughts and I don't know how to slow down. I don't know how to grow or to disconnect from those I once loved. Once loved always loved. There's a part of me that went with you when you left. And parts of you I take with me on my journeys to come. You made me stronger and I am blessed to have known you. I will change, inside and outside. Yet some bits of me will always be the same. But I can't ever apologize for wanting. Wanting more, wanting less, wanting to run, wanting to un-run, wanting things to be the same or different, wanting to un-change it all and go back to the start. Eternally an optimist. Eternally hopeful. Eternally yours, but only certain versions of you. Tell me how to un-want and I'll do it. Tell me how to bring you back. You make me stronger and remind me everyday, how to forgive. Forgiveness is key.

2 comments:

  1. "I don't know how to grow or to disconnect from those I once loved"
    "Eternally an optimist. Eternally hopeful. Eternally yours, but only certain versions of you"... isn't this a problem for all who have loved and lost. but as its said better to have loved then never loved at all. You think for the best. you will always be hopeful but you want the best of people. only if you could make a recipe and cook it up for the perfect being. only thing you can hope for is compromise and change... living is learning and loving is passion.

    ReplyDelete