Tuesday, May 24, 2011

House sitting this week. I love it. It makes me so look forward to having my own place. The single downfall to having this whole house to myself is that the doggie I'm watching has possibly the worst gas I've ever smelt. Raunchy awful ass gas. All else is great though. I'm cooking for myself and taking Max for runs in the mornings. I feel grown. And even though at the end of the week I will be going back to what I was, I can't help but feel excited. I'll be twenty one in about thirty-six days. Which is mostly a reminder that I need to work on being more self-sufficient. Autarky.
My family will also be moving out of the house that we've called home, for the last decade, in just a few months. I am anything but ecstatic, but I am trying to look at it as an opportunity to start fresh. A lot of pain lives in that house. Much more than I'd like to carry on with me, but the memories will never be lost.
On another note... at lunch today with my mom, she mentioned a sweet little story about how the man in front of her in the drive-in line at Sips today, bought her breakfast for her. He didn't know her, nor was he trying to be flirtatious, he just wanted to do something nice for another person. A random act of kindness. This got me thinking, what if we all made it a point to do one random act of kindness everyday. What if?
Also... in English we are studying poetry. Which has turned out to be something I never thought I'd enjoy as much as I have. But the point is, we read this poem about a woman with confidence and an amazing sense of pride in her beauty, her body, her grace, herself. It moved me. I got carried away in my thoughts again, dreaming about what it would be like if instead of tearing each other down, we, as women, would praise each other and love one another, loudly. Much more loudly than we are comfortable with. It could be magical. We could build each other up. Tell your sister she looks fantastic and that all her hard work at the gym is paying off. Tell your mother that that you admire her strength in holding everything together. Tell your best friend that she is the most sensational being you have ever met. And be happy for your friends who have found a man to love them, even though you're still searching for your own. And most importantly... compliment yourself on the amazing work you've done and the strength and determination you scrounged up to do it. Admire yourself and remember that the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment