Tuesday, March 8, 2011

There's a little something I like about everyone. The list is longer for some, but everyone I know at least has one thing I quietly adore about them. I was thinking about this today when I was looking in the mirror, strangely enough. Noticing all my blemishes and the irritated ring around my freshly pierced lip, the greasy spot on my forehead and the shaggy look my bangs took to after being beaten by the unforgiven wind. Then I stepped back and smiled a little as I tousled my bangs around as if it wouldn't only make things worse, thinking to myself..."Hey you're ok. You're doing just fine." And that's where I came up with this idea. I love that... Mego always has my back, she's always two steps ahead of me and always there to tell me what I don't wanna hear. I love how... Heathy is so resilient. She can pick herself up and out of any bad situation and more times than not she picks me up too. I love that Fabey and I can be anywhere doing anything and it's all fine. I can snort, barf , burp, or cry in front of him and he'll never freak. I love that Ky never gives up trying. He can be handed the worst cards and still he'll take them and do something great with them. I love that Ashy knows exactly who I am. She can show up after months of not talking and quickly put all the puzzle pieces together and head straight in for damage control with a heart-felt motivational speech, reminding me just how great I am and why I must keep pushing forward. I love that Toph eats off my plate at dinner. I love that Brana gets that pretty colors, sweets, sparkles and other cutesey stuff are all very important parts of life for freebirds like us. I love that Jake {Bunny} can go days without speaking because he's just that content. I love that LeahLeah owns her promiscuous reputation like it's nobody's fucking business who she bones. Because really it isn't. I love that RissaLou is so small yet so mighty. I love that Baby Louis will never give up on finding love. I love that Hollis rocks her sexy curls and isn't afraid to let loose in front of anyone. I love that LisaBelle is just like me when it comes to matters of the heart. We both know that you don't get to choose who you love. And for the sake of honesty... I love that Ali could always make my smile with his goofy black-man voice. And I also love that Jacob taught me so many things about life that I probably would have never learned otherwise. That being said... I'm pretty sure I will always feel this way about these things and these people regardless of whether they're in my life or not and for that I can surely be glad. Because at least I've got that.

No comments:

Post a Comment