Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Goodnight --- I love you

I was remembering today, the end of us.
You're face and the pained look stained to it.
The things you said in those last few weeks.
In the dark, with your fingers swimming
through my tangley hair.
The way I felt your love deep in my bones.
How I couldn't breathe when you told me.
The promises you made with
every intention to keep.
All the love-fights and tears,
before the goodbyes.
Maybe it was time that we needed.
Cuz my lungs are taking in air again.
And I'm happy to say you're my friend.
"I kinda miss you," you said.
And there were many things I would
have loved to respond with.
But a smile is all that came to mind.
I feel your love in my bones again,
though it's different now I'm sure.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Very touching poem..

    Great work!!

    Looking forward to more!!

    ReplyDelete