Sunday, November 29, 2009

This is the epitome of me.
Never assume anything out of me. Trust me, you have no idea who I am. Let not my actions or my words display to you how I feel. I am more complex than you could ever dream of. It's not a flaw, though. Nor do I find this to be a weakness. Rather a strength in so many words. For I am constantly being renovated. Let go. Let go. Let go. The only constant is change and the only person I want to be is me. For a second there I thought I had it all figured out. Be the good person. Give them all a fair chance. Apologize when your wrong and forgive when they can't. But it takes two to tango and two to fall apart. And when it does, I'll never be able to bring myself to care. "You left me first," I'll think and maybe I'll be wrong. But I'll never chase after you. It's not enough to know you loved me-when. Cuz I'm fantastic at convincing myself otherwise. At least with everyone but one. Not enough. Not enough. Not enough. Maybe I seek too much. Maybe I need too much. I'd rather be alone than settle, though. I may be weak but I'm not without courage. I take a deep breath and shove my heavy fears down my throat. I am lost, still not without direction. Never gave in. Never gave up. I'm the only thing I'm afraid of. I am royalty yet still meek. Only one reigns over me. Ever extending my arms, wrists and fingers, out.
I lied.
I do care.

No comments:

Post a Comment